Sime Darby Motors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sime Darby Motors may change this policy from time to time. You should periodically visit our website from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2013.
1. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title
- Contact information including address, phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Personal/financial information such as EA forms, religion, date of birth, age*
- Other information relevant to motor vehicle purchase, customer surveys and/or others
* The personal information is required if you require us to assist you to apply for a hire-purchase loan to finance the purchase of any motor vehicle from us.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- inspection and/or registration of motor vehicle ownership at the relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities including Puspakom and/or Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalanraya
- internal record keeping includes the updating of our after-sales service records of the motor vehicle. This relevant information will be used by us, our appointed after-sales service dealers, agents and/or sub-contractors to provide the relevant after-sales service and/or repair as well as to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general
- improvement of our products and services
- customization of our website
- activation of motor vehicle warranty with the relevant motor importers/distributors and/or relevant motor/manufacturer overseas and the activation of motor vehicle extended warranty with the relevant insurance company(ies)
- disclosure of your information to service providers, agents and/or contractors from time to time to help us to provide and market our products and services to you and you have the option to elect not to receive any direct marketing
- omotional information from us in the manner as referred to in Item No. 3 below.
- for statistical analysis and includes our disclosure of your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide; for administrative purposes and statistical analysis.
3. Protection of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect from you and via online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We may use your personal information to send you direct marketing information about us and/or third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing information about us and/or third parties, you may:-
- put your request in writing by way of an e-mail sent to us with a header that says "Unsubscribe" to email@example.com
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg. your account number, username, registration details).
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg. sms, email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
4. Retention of information
In view that the ownership of a motor vehicle may remain with its owner and/or the use of a motor vehicle can be for any particular length of time, we will retain your information as well as the information of the motor vehicle registered to you for the following time duration:-
- five (5) years from the date:-
- of the motor vehicle is registered into your ownership; or
- when any other party inform us that he/she/they is/are the new owner of the motor vehicle
- five (5) years (or such other longer time) from the :-
- date the motor vehicle warranty is activated with the motor manufacturer overseas and/or the date the motor vehicle extended warranty is activated with the insurance company(ies); or
- last date the motor vehicle was sent to our after-sales service centre/workshop for service and/or repair works.
- one (1) year from the date you submit your information and/or details to us through submission via our website and/or our consent form(s) when you visit us and/or our appointed sales and/or after-sales dealer(s).
5. Access and Accuracy of your information
You have a right to:-
- request a copy of your personal information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee, if necessary) forgranting you access in your information. If you wish to exercise this right, you may:-
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence and a recent credit card bill); and
- specify the personal information you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:-
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg. your account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
We welcome your views and feedback about our data protection policy. If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn Bhd Customer Relations Department at 26 & 28, Jalan Juruhebah U1/50, Temasya Industrial Park, Glenmarie, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor or call us at 03-5030-9911.